Main Library - University of Kelaniya
The University of Kelaniya Library was Crystallized around the Vidyalankara Pirivena Collection with the elevation of the Pirivena to a fully pledged University status in 1959. Throughout its existence, the library was located in several places and finally moved to its present building in 1977.
The present library collection encompasses over 230,000 books pertaining to various academic disciplines ranging from Archaeology to Zoology and subscriptions to about 150 academic journals. Further, the library provides electronic access to full- text databases through the terminals located in the Library.