CERTIFICATE ON 'HOW TO PUBLISH WITH OXFORD JOURNALS
Oxford University Press has organised a Certification Series on 'How to Publish with Oxford Journals.' for faculty & researchers in Sri Lankan universities.
The training is complimentary and researchers, teachers and librarians are free to attend.
A brief outline of the topics covered in the session are appended below (a detailed Session Plan will be sent out with the invite) -
- An introduction to OUP, our products and what we offer
- A run through of the Oxford Academic platform - Our Partners, Open access, Author Resource Centre with basic information on key concepts like Impact Factor, Altimetric score, DOI etc
- A run through of the Authors section/ Author Guidelines of a Journal, with a demo on the article submission process
- The importance of creating an ORCID ID along with the process of doing so, Latex (basic definition), ScholarOne manuscripts and different kinds of Citations
- The contribution of authors from their respective Universities
- What is Open access & kinds of Open Access
This is a series of ‘Go to Webinar' sessions and will be divided into 2 phases.
The 1st Phase would be an online sessions of 2 hours with a 15 minute break, covering the basics of 'How to Publish with Oxford Journals.'
At the end of the sessions each attendee would be given a personalised e-Certificate of Attendance from Oxford University Press. It mandatory to attend the entire session to be eligible for a Certificate of Attendance.
In the 2nd Phase, which would be rolled out immediately after completing the 1st Phase, the attendees will be given a Quiz/Assignment on Survey Monkey.
Only those attendees who have completed the 1st Phase will be eligible to participate. The minimum marks required is 70% after which we would be sending a personalised e-Certificate of Completion.
Kindly note that the only thing users will need is a computer with an internet connection. They will not be required to download any software or create an account with Go to Webinar to attend this session.
The next batch is scheduled on 21st July 2020 and the link to register is appended below :
University of Kelaniya