Research4Life from Institution
The Library, the University of Kelaniya has subscribed to Research4Life and enabled IP-authenticated Institutional access. Any Kelaniya University Library users now can access Research4Life within the University premises without using the Username and Password.
Research4Life from Home
Academic staff members who needs access Research4Life from home require a Username and Password. You should request Username and Password from the Library. Kindly contact to obtain Username and Password.
Mrs C. M. Abeygunasekera, Medical Library (For Medical Faculty Users Only)- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Pradeepa de Silva Main Library (For Other Faculty Users) - email@example.com
Research4Life (https://www.research4life.org/) provides institutions in lower-income countries with online access to academic and professional peer-reviewed contents from up to 180 international publishers. Since 2002, Research4Life has provided information to researchers in 125 lower- and middle-income countries with free or low-cost online access to up 151,000 leading journals and books in the fields of health, agriculture, environment, life sciences. physical sciences, social sciences and legal information.
Academic Resources (Journals, Books, Reference Sources & Databases) available in the following five programs can be accessd via a single search Platform.(Summon)
Research for Health (HINARI)- Focus on biomedical and health literature.
Research in Agriculture (AGORA)- focuses on food and agriculture related litreature,
Research in the Environment (OARE)-focuses on environment, including ecology & geography
Research for Development and Innovation (ARDI)-scientific and technical information,
Research for Global Justice (GOALI)- focuses on law and social sciences litreature
Sri Lanka, as a Category B country is not allowed to access many reputed publisher’s contents such as Elsevier, Wiley, OUP, BMJ, Lippincott & Williams. Emerald, Sage, Nature Publishing, JAMA and Springer. However, there are 109 publishers including the following reputed publishers and all free journals and books in Directory of Open Access can be accessed via Reserach4Life.
- The Lancet group (12 Journals- The Lancet and specialized Lancet titles such as Lancet Infectious Diseases, Lancet Neurology, Lancet Psychiatry, etc..)
- American Speech and Hearing Association(ASHA Journals-6 journals)
- American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Pediatrics – (6 journals, 2 Reference Sources Including Red Book)
- American Association for Cancer Research –(9 journals)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science-(5 Journals including Science)
- American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.-( 4 Journals)
- American Heart Association-(11 journals)
- American Psychological Association-(100 Journals)
- Canadian Science Publishing- (22 Journals)
- De Gruyter- (54 Journals)
- Edward Elgar Publishing- (304 Books and 9 Journals)
- Karger - (135 Journals)
- Royal Society of Chemistry-(106 Journals)
- Springer Publishing Company (23 Free Journals)
- Taylor & Francis (1881 Journals, 294 Books)
In addition, databases and references sources including the following paid and free resources can also accesisible.
- CINHALL –Allied Health Science Database
- Environmental Index-Database on Environmental literature On EBSCO
- Environmental Science Collection Database on Environmental literature on ProQuest
- Informit Health Collection- Database
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global (PQDT)- Database
- AIM (African Index Medicus) - Free database on African Medical Literature
- Summon-Country Specific Search-Database
- Red Book Online (AAP)-American Academy of Paediatrics-Reference Source
- TOXINZ- Reference Source
- Cochrane Library- Reference Source
- World Cancer Report-- Reference Source