Dr C.C. Jayasundara, the Librarian of the University of Kelaniya was invited to be a panellist of the Clarivate South Asia's South Asian Librarian Forum 2021 held on 09th September 2021.
The forum was themed on the Role of the librarians in promoting research integrity and overall institutional profile. This forum was a part of their ongoing efforts to engage with the librarian community, one of the key stakeholders in the research lifecycle of institutions across the country. The forum highlighted the following areas.
- Understanding our shared responsibility for research integrity and a sustainable scholarly ecosystem.
- Web of Science remote access for institutions.
- Journal evaluation and inclusion criteria in the Web of Science.
- Driving your institutional profile and research performance.
Also, the four panellists invited from Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh discussed the following areas in the forum.
- Responsible use of metrics and data for research performance evaluation, special emphasis on Journal Impact Factor
- Best practices in promoting genuine OA journals
- Approaches to sensitize researchers on predatory journals
- Librarian outreach to students - How can librarians educate students on good citation behaviour?